Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mercredi 7 Octobre 2014

I used a second blanket on my bed last night. You know what that means! Autumn! I woke up to the sound of rain on the roof (a pleasure not everyone in this building gets to hear, seeing as I'm the only one top floor) and started the day with a steamy shower. Today is Mercredi (Wednesday) which means it's a full day with the kiddos, taking them to and from tennis lessons, so I'm so glad to have had my Hunter rainboots, my little red umbrella, and warm infinity scarf knit by Mesa. The orange leaves are piling up along the sidewalks, and the wind blows your hair crazy. I'm in love.



For dinner tonight I cooked the Hannah soup. (My host mother made up the soup, taught me the recipe, and since I really just dig the autumny smells and goodness that came from making it, she named it after me.) I steamed cauliflower, put this creamy goodness over it (that I couldn't really describe to you cause the package is all in French!) and put tons of cheese on top. It's about to go in the oven and then I can eat that deliciousness with my soup. Cheese is always a side to everything, THANK GOODNESS. One of the boys I watch is playing the piano right now, and he's really good. Next on the agenda is book a flight to Ireland for over my break coming up. 

I just can't help but feel good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...