Monday, March 19, 2012

Unconventional Scripture Study

I'm a night owl. I have been since I was little. This doesn't mean I don't like sleep, because I love it... I just always find things I can be doing at bedtime... Scripture study for example. But sometimes I find i'm not as awake as I think, and put in embarrassing side notes or draw little pictures by a verse, so that by the time I have to share my scriptures with somebody...I feel slightly embarrassed... Here are a few examples:

...I can't even use the 'P' word... 

This would be my scripture I use to direct people I decline offers to. If someone ever proposes to me and I don't like them...I will point them towards this verse. 

I remember with this one, I just felt like the Spirit was talking to me through the scriptures to get up and find a scrumptious midnight snack. (:

I just.... Yeah.

That verse describes Utah. Not kidding. Read it. 

I'm so embarrassed that  took the time to highlight this...

Oh, this one is fun! "I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse" red horse=reindeer (awky, I spelled it wrong in my scriptures) Then later it reads "Ho, ho,"
Santa Clause is real.

This one was dedicated to my friend who overused the word "fool" while talking to people.

I fought back the urge to write beside it "aren't we all?" ...Obviously I'm getting better at refraining!

A comparison of turning from righteousness like a dog to his vomit. I'm pretty sure I wrote, "...But my dog eats his vomit..." on the side. ...Didn't seem like a good comparison to me.


"...forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Of course I wouldn't see it as a good thing that Christ has done for us, I just see it as a guilt trip! Goodness.

...Yes.

And this is why I am always so reluctant to share my scriptures, and scared I'll someday lose them to the wrong hands. Don't be completely fooled, I am actually pretty diligent about my scripture study and come to notes that are inspiring and wonderful... But sometimes, I guess I just can't do it so well.

The end. :)


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...