Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MoProm {2012}

Sunday a week ago, my best friend and I were in church and were asked if we were going to Mormon Prom on Saturday. We responded with a "ha-ha yeah good one".

*5 seconds later*

Lexie got creatively asked.

I responded, "Well...I'M not going to mormon prom!" 

The following morning with 15 minutes left of seminary, a balloon was sent in to me saying "Will you go to Mormon Prom with me?" I didn't realize that was for me, cause I mean, I already had a previous engagement with my couch and ice cream... But it was...for me. I popped the balloon, and out fell pieces of index cards with letters on each one for me to unscramble.

"S-E-T-H-E-R-S   F-A-R-R-!"

Lex looked at me with a grin and I said, "Well.... Looks like I'm going"

So I obviously had to be creative to respond to him. Creative, yes. My idea, no. (Thank you Pinterest):


NOW the stressing begins. 
5 days till prom and I've got nothin'!
My room liked this by the end of the week:
I know. Gross.
So anyway.
I found a dress, and I was able to make it modest. I also bought like 4 pairs of shoes in this process and the ONE pair I loved with the dress, ended up having a warning on the box that said how in the state of california the chemicals used in the shoe were known to cause cancer, birth defects and other stupid stuff like that. So. I got new shoes. Which ended up giving hundreds of snags in the dress, but oh well!

I love yellow!


"diamonds are a girls best friend!"


the cancerous shoes


Saturday. Day of Prom. 
I remember it well, although it's all a blur. (...no really, most of them were blurry or out of focus)

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just get to it already. 
SO. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, Prom:

Thanks Maddy for doing my hair!


Best friend picture with Olivia 

(I would just like to point out how unplanned our dress colors are, and how great they look together. I know. bomb.)

this would have been SUCH a good picture were it not blurry.








Oh my goodness, Sam, you are TOO cute in this one!  Love love love!!

Gahhhh so much cute. Okay. (:

You can't see it, but the rain was terrible.



To quote a friend, "sleeping beauty, belle & cinderella (: "


It was cute because we've all been friends since before the landmark of double digits, and the boys (who are best friends) wanted to ask the girls (who are best friends) so that we could all have lots of fun with our besties.  Aw!





making our pizza to look like justin's face!





I do enjoy this one immensely. 



oh heck yeah






Photo cred for the perfect photo :)









THE END. . . 

ha.
just kidding.
i wouldn't forget the best one:

So much class. (:








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...