Monday, September 12, 2011

1st {Mariners} Baseball Game

The night before my birthday, my neighbors took me to a Mariners game for my present! They knew I have an interest in mens baseball, and they also knew I had never been to a baseball game --other than little league. Let's just say, I was overwhelmed with excitement! I was picked up in a red convertible mustang, and was sporting my Mariners shirt and wind blown hair. We picked up our tickets which -uh- we got for FREE. It's good to know people who have connections! As we arrived in Seattle, and pulled up to the Safeco Field, I was just bouncing with energy! I had the same excitement come over me as I usually get on Christmas morning! My neighbor was on crutches, so we had a handicapped parking spot, and an elevator that took us practically to our seats! No, I did not get to enjoy the crowded halls down a couple stories, or the lines of a bathroom... No. I got to enjoy the view from my seat up in the terrace club. Order food from your seats and everything! When Tammy told our "waiter" it was my first game, he came back with a printed certificate just for the occasion! Jim, turned to his wife ...and me ....and my brother and said "Congratulations. You have ordered the whole menu in the first 40 minutes." ...I think he was exaggerating with that comment, for we had only ordered 2 Mariners hot dogs, Soda, An Elephant Ear, Garlic Fries, Nachos, Carmel Corn, something smothered in Sauerkraut, and we had the 3 best smoothies on their way. We definitely put their money to good use. In the first pitch against the Kansas City Royals, Ichiro was up! To that point, he had been up to bat  597 times and had only hit 2 home runs thus far this season. The first pitch, Ichiro hit his 3rd home run! Something rare, and I got to see! By this point I convinced my neighbors I was the good luck charm to the game, and that I didn't have a doubt home team wouldn't win... Which is saying something, cause the Mariners haven't been doing so well. Rare plays were being made left and right, and Jim was starting to believe me! This game was awesome! I walked around Safeco field around the top of the 6th inning. The sun had already set, Seattle was filled with night sky and city lights, and I couldn't have been more pleased! (...Even though that might have been a really awesome date...)  Favorite team member: Dustin Ackley.  Mariners won 4-1 and we were out of there in no time. A victory drive was in order and we kept the top down the whole ride back! Besides the fact I never got my foam finger, or caught a flying baseball, this was beyond what I imagined, and one of the most awesome presents ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...