Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros and Cons

Benefits and Drawbacks to my week/end...

Drawbacks:
  • A guy flipped us off and made many naughty gestures... at first I thought he was speaking ASL... but I was soon corrected! This was after nearly hitting our car, then he threw stuff at our car from out his window. ALL in front of a little girl in the backseat. :(
  • I got food poisoning from Applebees. Imagine if you will, knives stabbing all sides of your stomach... Essentially, I felt like throwing up during church. 
  • I somehow managed to get a bruise in another inconvenient place.
  • Stained my white shirt. ALWAYS happens to me.
  • I'm running low on deoderant....moisterizer....razor blades....makeup.... and it all always happens about the same time every year.
  • The dog peed on the floor. So not cool.
Overall:  happy feelings had diminished.


Benefits:
  • We were able to laugh about the mean guy in the car
  • Despite the food poisoning, I was able to enjoy time with some great friends over dinner, and enjoy a cuddle puddle while making up romance stories in the back seat of the car. (:
  • My white shirt got clean...!
  • I was able to attend the Seattle temple and do baptisms. The Spirit was so strong and I felt edified. -Guys look REALLY good in white. There's something about white... it just brings out the complexion in every guy.
  •  When driving home from the temple, we passed a billboard that said "I'm a Mormon" and to visit "www.mormon.org" That made us all extremely happy!
  • I got an amazing head massage. I love magical fingers!
  • I ate black raspberry chocolate chip ice-cream with another lovely friend... We had deep conversations till 1am and I woke up to her telling me I was sleep talking!
  • Church, like always, was just wonderful. I love my teachers. 
  • I made a "skirt" this week. Like... a TUTU. Fairy for halloween?  Simple? Easy? Yes. Original? No. But what is original anymore anyway?
  • Sunday naps! 
  • A little girl I've never met said that if I gave her one of my Smarties, then she would name her daughter after me.
Overall: Even just one of these good things, can make all of the bad things look like not a big deal. 

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I am glad to be a part of seven of these bullet points:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...