Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hit the road Jack!

We have one night left until we're home safe and sound... Making that 6 of the 7 day vacation full of driving--er, sitting in the back seat. We stayed in 5 different hotels, stopping at 11 different restaurants multiple times along the way (ONE OF WHICH WAS CAFE RIO), and seeing lots of people we love with what felt like zero sleep.

Needless to say (but i'll say it anyway), I'm pooped out.

In Rexburg-Idaho, I checked out the campus of "BYU-I-do", went to a class with my cousin, caught up with my friend Hannah who was in my home ward, and then we hit the road to Provo. In Provo we found my sisters, and I got a taste of what college life is like by staying with my sis in her apartment. I went to more classes at BYU, and I definitely loved the feel of getting lost in a big campus rather than a smaller campus (byu-i). We had a mini family reunion with Grandpa, siblings, and cousins. We ate, and it was awesome. I ran into my friend, Cami (also from the home ward), and I saw my friend Austin. The weather --as expected-- was hormonal and couldn't decide on snow or sun... so it did both?  Thursday came around and I was stuck inside the BYU creamery (which was nice for 5-ish minutes) so I stepped outside and called my friend, Easton ...which was awesome because I was apparently right outside his dorm and he had time to say hello. *fist pump to the air* He just got his mission call to Spain. Which is OH SO COOL. 4 friends in one trip; boom! I got BYU sweats from the mens section which are real comf, and they make we feel like I have a boyfriend that I stole them from. Speaking of boyfriend, (no I don't have one) BYU is LOADED with pretty faces. I think the whole forever alone thing will change once I get there someday. ;) And if it doesn't, I guess you could flush my self esteem down the toilet. But not really. ...Maybe a little bit... Until then, I'm happy being single.

So there ya go. I'm back in Idaho, and it seriously is pretty almost nowhere. How did Jesus mess up on this place? Yeah, it could use some work. Also, who the freak allowed it to snow before Halloween? Cause I love snow, I do, but NOT when there can't be Christmas lights, and Christmas music, and Christmas trees, UGH. NO! STOP SNOWING! I seriously only had flip flops as we roamed the streets, sliding everywhere, and oh yeah, a toe froze and broke off my foot. Seriously. Okay not seriously. I think I would have sucked it up better had an attractive male specimen been walking with me! But I can't wait to be home sweet home. Tomorrow I see the brother at WSU, and then I'll be home in the Gig. Overall, glad we did this trip. Pictures will be posted soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...