Thursday, October 4, 2012

The M's Game



When you look forward to something for a long time, it's easy to imagine the event and how it will pan out... But the thing you never fantasize about, is how time is merciless and won't slow down even for a day as anticipated as this one ...before you know it, the day is gone. That's how last night was; it came and went, leaving nothing but a memory that will indubitably fade in days to come.

So to help preserve the memory, here's what happened. 

A little over a year ago I went to a Mariners game for my 16th birthday, (see here) and since then I've been dying to go back! My experience this time was altogether different but downright amazing. When we first walked into the stadium, I felt like I had entered a panoramic photograph. Seriously, MLB on tv is great, but there's NOTHING like going to a baseball game. I brought my friend, Coleman, we took the Subaru (come on, we would have frozen to death in the stang), the air was chilly {snuggling under blankets was needed to avoid hypothermia}, we actually had to walk around to find food, the sun went down faster, and our seats were so close to the game you could practically smell their sweat! It was wonderful! And with a view like mine, I was seriously thanking God for baseball pants. ;) This time I was privileged to get a foam finger (completing one of my wishes from last years game) and I guess the camera is a fan of those foam fingers because it helped us catch the attention of the "FanCam" THREE times, so we danced around like idiots on television. (Mother would be proud!) Mariners beat the Angels 6-1 which means I've never been to a game where the Mariners lost. (knock-on-wood) Booya.
 
(Dustin Ackley is my favvvveeeee)
  ...First time eating hot peanuts...


Oh yes, did I mention how we were probably on television a lot? Well, I found a video on the official Mariners website and I spotted ...us! Coleman doesn't always get to be on tv, but when he does, he's being slapped around by my foam finger! Timing? Perfffffffect.




(and a screen shot incase the video is being stupid)

Well. Until next year! (:


1 comment:

  1. this is so great! you are adorable. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...