Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Kids Table

"With all adults distracted, rules fly out the window and suddenly elbows lean up on tables,chewed-up brussel sprouts get hidden in napkins, and somebody starts eating mashed potatoes with their bare hands.
And no matter what how old everybody is the rule at The Kids Table is that you must act like you’re seven. Teenagers who think they’re too old for the table quickly start blowing bubbles in their milk, pouring salt in people’s drinks, and giggling like mad. Then someone pops a loud fart and everyone laughs for ten straight minutes.
Lastly, let’s not forget that The Kids Table eats first and sometimes features special items like lasagna with no onions, random chopped-up hot-dogs, or real Coke.
People, a lot of good times and great moments happen at The Kids Table. Little ones learn from older siblings and cousins. Childhood bonds and friendships are formed over toys, tears, and gravy spills." -1,000 Awesome Things blog/The Book of (even more) Awesome

I simply have to agree with this man. Christmas Eve, I got bumped to the little kids table merely because I am the 6th youngest in my moms side of the family, THUS, separating me from the older group/cousins I hang out with more. But as I was sitting there, I remembered the wonderful aspects it holds:
-No need to hold a conversation that makes your palms sweaty
-A burp had accidentally erupted from out of my mouth and knowing the shock I would have seen from adults (if they had been there) I would have been busted. So I looked up to find that not a single kid had noticed anything traumatizing. Awesome.
-You get first dibs on the sparkling cider
-You don't have to mingle for half an hour after dinner
-For me, the table was right next door to the food on the counter... So close that I was able to just reach my arm while in my chair to grab a new roll :) Bliss.
Plus talking to kids and hearing what they have to say, is SUPER COOL. So. The kids table, is cooler than you know. . . . Even if I missed being with my other cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...