Sunday, December 25, 2011

T'was MY night before Christmas

I decided the most appropriate way to tell the story (being the night before Christmas) was to go traditional. (Beware, this was all on the spot writing, nothing actually special):

T'was the night before Christmas, the family party was finished
As we stayed to clean up, the part-goers diminished.
We packed up our stuff, and we drive home in the dark
To find our hairy greeter went missing, so we heard not a bark.


The neighborhood was silent, quiet and mellow
All except for the calls for our lost puppy, Longfellow.
We whistled and shouted as I shed a tear
The night before Christmas and my dog was not here.


Tuckered and tired my siblings soon said
"I'm sure he is fine, let's crawl into bed"
Their words didn't soothe, the pain in my gut
So I sent out once more, to find my poor mutt.


A ways down the street, I walked out of sight
Equipped with only, a small bright flash-light.
While frightening thoughts, soon filled my head
I rationalized a way my best friend could be dead.


T'was the night before Christmas, and I nearly gave up
When quickly I turned at the cry of my pup!
Though past 10 o'clock, I knocked on a neighbors door
My dog was in their back yard, I WAS SO SURE!


The lady was friendly, and let me walk through her house
When I adverted my eyes to her half naked spouse
I wished those were boxers rather than tiny black briefs,
I walked out the door with a SIGH of relief!


I ignored the image now etched in my brain
But all of this trouble did not go in vain!
Covered in leaves, and quite muddy
But who cares!? I had found my long lost buddy!


I found my doggy, he was shaky and tense
Trying not to fall off a ledge, he got half stuck in a fence.
He sprang in my arms and he was filled with delight
It was a Merry Christmas Eve, and we had a goodnight.




Now it's Christmas day, and I feel very spoiled! Yoga pants and undies (which are MUCH prettier than that old mans down the street) from Vickies Secret. Nikon camera. Life As We Know It. Chocolate. A pretty cardigan. An egg beater (I still can't figure out why I got this one...!) Socks. Nail polish. A childhood favorite book, Harold And The Purple Crayon. Giftcard to Starbucks. A 3oz. mug from Starbucks. Lotion. Probably a few more things I can't think of... But I definitely feel like this is one of those bigger Christmas' for me. As daddy would say "Spoiled rotten to the core!" I miss that man.


Church was only an hour long, and it was pushed back an hour so it started at 10am. We had crepes, filled with nutella and bananas for Breakfast. The choir at church performed, and the narrators voice made me want to fall asleep (in a good way) ...And I got to mingle with a few friends afterwards. We got home and broke open all the packages under the tree! Now dinner will be at 4pm because my family enjoys eating.


And there's still. no. snow. ....RAIN, actually.
Merry Christmas everybody!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...