Sunday, November 4, 2012

happily content

My fingernails filled with the color orange as they peeled back those small clementines that are now coming into season. I did this several times, and ate those juicy fruits! I tossed the peels into the smallest pan we have, covered them with water, and threw open the spice drawer. There I found my good friends, Cinnamon! Cloves! and you can't forget about Nutmeg! I sprinkled those bad boys onto my orange peels and turned on the stove. Almost immediately the succulent smell was filling my home, and we all knew that November is here.

If you mix that smell with the smell of my rainy northwest, then you will do exactly what I did ...which was, find the one spot in the house where you could open a window and breathe in the rain in one nostril and the citrus in the other. Perfect.  

It's proving to be a lovely Autumn. Today I spied some lovely Christmas CD's on sale in the store (i know, already), smelled the sweet holiday candles that are returning to the shelves, and tasted of the peppermint milano cookies; I am surrounded by complete bliss. (Plus I got a CD of complied music by Dean, Nat, and Bing!) 

The next two months will soon be full of holidays, merry-spirits, lovesick boys and girls, yams, limited-time-only items, wonderful moments, busy schedules... But for now; I am happily content.

1 comment:

  1. so much love for this time of year. wish i wasn't missing the rainy northwest bit, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...