Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Think about it.

At seminary this morning, we were asked to think about something we were sincerely grateful for. We all gave obvious answers of: family, friends, rain, shine, etc, etc... And those are good, but I know I didn't put as much thought to that as I probably should have.

A couple years ago for Thanksgiving, I made a list before I hopped into bed of things I was grateful for. (Which consisted of 500+ bullet points.) Then I thanked Heavenly Father for each thing on that list. (It was a long prayer.)

I know i've been thankful for things around me, but I haven't really thought about it since that one experience. So after much pondering on just these few things, the answer to the question at seminary...

I'm grateful for:
MEMORIES. CHANGE. JOURNALS. TIME. PHOTOGRAPHS. HUGS. PEOPLE. CLEAN-BEDDING. HEALTH. STRUGGLES. MUSIC. LAUGHTER. LISTENERS. LOVE. SOUNDS. BEING ALIVE. 

I've thought about 16 things I'm truly grateful for this morning. Just 16. I know that doesn't seem like much... But, what if you didn't have just those 16 things? I bet it would feel like you're missing out on a lot. Think about it.


"I have found that, rather than dwelling on the negative, if we will take a step back and consider the blessings in our lives, including seemingly small, sometimes overlooked blessings, we can find greater happiness."

—Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Very insightful, we all have so much to be thankful for, especially with the gospel in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...