Saturday, November 26, 2011

Adrenaline Junkie

Today is day #6 in Park City. Where is the time going? 

Well I signed away my life for the second time today! ...Call me an adrenaline junkie, but taking 3 ski lifts up a mountain and paying an additional $30 to go on the big zip-line to practically fall off a mountain... Now that was fun! The last ski lift was the worst, and that was almost scarier than the actual zipline! It had a flimsy little rod in front of us but otherwise if we rocked we would be gonners! As we were being hooked up, my eagerness was building! 

Jack Sparrow: You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place with that sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it. 

THIS IS NOT ME! I am not afraid of heights at all, but sometimes when I'm on the tip of something, I'm scared I won't be able to fight the urge to jump off and then I'll just splat and die. For example, when walking across the Tacoma Narrows bridge, I looked over the edge and saw a boat just about under me, and the only thought in my head was "if I jumped, would I make the boat, or just dive right through the boat?"  Lets NOT confuse suicide with adrenaline. That's what scares me.

So there I am, being strapped on and I just am wanting to dive into this! After I passed that emotion and we were off, it was AMAZING being able to look all the way down the mountain, and watch Lara screaming on the line beside me, and to realize that I am WAYYY above those trees going über fast and realizing that if the main 2 chords holding me on snapped, then I'd be screwed. It was the best use for $30 EVER. Did I mention that I was wearing converse cause Lara told me they'd look better in stead of keeping my feet warm?? Oh and by the way, I beat Lara down the mountain! I am a precision instrument built for speed!

So far we've covered: House-renting. Restaurant-going. Jacuzzi-ing. Tubing. Sauna-ing. Sneaking onto a bunny hill. Ice-skating. Number-taking. Zip-lining. Signing away our lives. My family has gotten so cool! What's next, SKY DIVING? That would be awesome.

Tonight is the last night for my older siblings... ): And I got my second nose bleed today. I hate how dry it is here. But that about catches you back up on how awesome we are ...Until Monday when I go back to being boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...