Sunday, November 27, 2011

Temple Square

(Not my picture)
Skinning-dipping. Tubing. Ice-skating. Hot-tubbing. Zip-lining. You know everything I've done! But by far my favorite thing, was being able to see the Salt Lake City temple. Last night I walked around temple square observing the opening weekend of all their Christmas lights. Left and right I picked up pieces of conversation from other people hearing words like "sealing room" or "testimony" and "Logan temple" ...I was DEFINITELY surrounded by hundreds of Mormons observing the same beauty I was seeing, and believing the same things I believe. It. Was. Awesome. It's amazing how when you're driving looking for the temple, you see it amid tall buildings and wonder why it was placed in such a busy spot, but then when you're actually there, all the other buildings disappear as you focus in on the temple. The lights were unbelievable. Nativities from all over the world were set up and it was interesting to see how everyone else pictures the story of Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...