Thursday, November 17, 2011

Olivia's Story

This is a story, which really isn't my story at all! Actually, this is Olivia's story. My best friend. She told this story to me a few days after Veterans day, and I thought it was worth sharing. So excuse me as it won't be word for word, but the gist of the story is this:

"So it's Veterans day. I decided I wanted to go to church and pray for those veterans, you know, be a good church-goer and stuff. So I get all dressed up and I'm heading to church all pumped up, gonna go do prayer chains for some Veterans! I walk in and I see this huge group of people, and I thought that's pretty cool, lots of people are praying for veterans today! So I sit down in the pew when suddenly I hear the words 'Thank you for coming to the funeral of Pedro' and I see this casket up front! ...Oh my gosh! I walked right into a funeral service! Well, because I showed up late, I didn't want to be rude and leave early! So an hour and a half into this service, I'm bawling as his 5 kids are giving their eulogies to their dad! 'My dad.... He taught me how to love!' And all I can think is what a good father, Pedro!! Why did you have to die so young!? I thought about it later, and realized because I was alone, people might not believe me that his name was Pedro, but how cool is that name? ...So anyway, how was your Veterans day?"

See why we're best friends? I vicariously live through her life, and enjoy all of those stories that you'd never imagine would happen in reality. (:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...