Monday, November 7, 2011

Truly Incredible

Night is the perfect time to look up to the sky and rediscover how small you actually are compared to this great big wonderful universe that we exist in. I don't remember the exact mathematics to it, but when we see the light from a star, we're actually seeing the light from millions or billions of years ago depending on how far away the star is, cause it's taken x amount of lightyears to travel here, just for me to be able to see.


Tonight, I was laying on my floor in the one spot where the Moon was pouring it's light, and I just stared at it as the saying came to my head "I see the moon, and the moon sees me, the moon sees someone I want to see".  Which makes me miss Dad. I remember once when I was little I was really worried about a question that puzzled me, and I was literally sweating a little bit, and crying. I heard Dad get up from his room, and I thought I was done for, but he came in, told me to put on my coat, and he walked me down the street. My crying soon stopped, my heart was back to a normal beat, and even though at that time I was scared of the dark, I just had this whole new take on nighttime. Dad pointed out the stars to me, and answered my questions, and I had the best sleep that night afterwards. After this memory came back to me, my iPod shuffled to Norah Jones: "If I were a painter and could paint a memory, I'd climb inside the swirling skies to be with you". What I'd give to be able to do just that, and be back with dad on a bedtime walk, under the beautiful stars.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...