Friday, November 11, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude>Attitude of Brattitude

A word on happy.

A lot lately I have been able to spot so many different things that I could complain about, or whine how I'm not good enough. As I saw all of these things that brought me down, I started feeling a little depressed and peeved with the world. 

The other day a blog post was dedicated to me by my dear friend Samantha. It was about how what I had to say on gratitude 2 years ago was still affecting some one's life, when I thought it was simply forgotten. This little reminder made me realize how I was in need of stepping up my game in being grateful, cause only 2 years before I was making a list of EVERYTHING I was grateful for. I had HUNDREDS of items on this list, from family to dishwashers! Once I was satisfied with my list, I prayed to my Heavenly Father and thanked him for each of those items on my list and I found that my list grew with the prayer.

Instead of making another long list, I decided it would be better to slowly add to this list. Each night in my personal journal, I have been writing down what made me thankful  that day. I realize now how many details I missed when I thought I was covering everything before. The truth is, there is no way shape or form a "list" as I have said, could EVER cover all the things I am grateful for.

One of the major things that I am grateful for are my friends. And while stuck in this funk, I've failed to treat them how they deserve to be treated. So may I just say, that being honest is a good thing, but words can hurt. And when I'm low on sleep or just in general cranky, I may say things before thinking twice. So to my friends, for when I've acted stupid, I'm sorry. And I want you all to know that you mean SO much to me and you all shape my life and help make me who I am. ...But those times when I do take cover and possibly avoid you, it's not cause I'm mad at you. It's because I know when I'm upset and when I'm vulnerable to saying things.

A thank you to my friends:

(left to right) Mesa, Hannah (me) and Lexie

Lexie. Look at us. We've been besties since we were like, seven! We endured each other's awkward stages! We laughed together, and made home videos together that we may or may not regret now! ;) You've always been this incredibly-amazing-gorgeous-BABE. We've pulled through family deaths and those emotional breakdowns. I know lately it's been tough for you, and I just want you to know that I am SO proud of you for how far you've come. God doesn't give any one of us trials he knows we can't handle or grow from. Thank you for letting me ride along in this crazy roller coaster! In a few years we'll look back and laugh!! --At least that's what they say! (: Love you beautiful woman you!  

Favorite picture of you HANDS DOWN<--whatever that means!


Mesa. You have been incredible. Thanks for putting up with me and my wandering thoughts! I've loved getting to know you better and trying to figure out how your mind works. I hope to have so many more laughs with you, and I hope you know that you don't have to be only ears in this friendship! 
So photogenic. I love this picture of you!
Lara. Sister. Friend. ...Titles ;) I look up to you in SO many ways, and am always looking forward to seeing you! I cried every time you MENTIONED leaving for college, and cried once you actually left. You always are inspiring me to do new things or try new foods or this and that! I swear I'm just one big copy cat! I miss you all the time! I miss listening to OwlCity with you, full blast, in the car ride to seminary, then grabbing hot cocoa from Seattlebest afterwards. I love singing along to Elephant Love Medley with you. I can't wait to watch White Christmas with you, and pig out at Thanksgiving. Thank you for being an example to me, and always trying to teach me how to be a little bit more mature with our little brothers. I'm proud that you're my sister, and I love you to pieces!
By the way, you're hot. :)




2 comments:

  1. Oh, Hannah... thanks for making me tear up! But seriously, I love you so much, too. Thanks for this. It totally made my night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. and by the way, I love the page picture. It equals muy atractiva :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...