Saturday, November 26, 2011

Matchmaker! Matchmaker! (...follow up)

This is to continue my story about Derek, the magical man from the ice-rink...

Once upon a few hours after the first ice-skating trip ...about 7:15pm (after dinner), we looked at the clock and realized Mr. Look-A-Like-James-Franco (Derek) would be getting off of work in just 45 MINUTES. We hurried to get our shoes to skate even if only for 20 minutes more. Plus, Lara HAD to get his number. ...She just didn't know it yet. We get there, we skate around, everything is more fun than earlier, only the air was MUCH colder. We went inside to heat our fingers, ears and face up. As we were doing this, Lara and Derek chatted away, and he couldn't wipe that smile off of his face, and as he turned away to grab more of the disinfectant for the skates, when he stumbled on a trash-can or a counter or whatever was behind him. Which was hilarious.

Nathan asked: "Are you related to anyone ....FAMOUS?"
Derek: "Uhh... No, I don't think so"
Nathan: "Have you ever been told you look like someone?"
Derek: "Oh yeah, James Franco"
We all laugh a bit and Lara says, "Definitely our dinner conversation"

(Let it be known that I was the one who pointed that out to our family)

So Lara and him are talking again when the conversation changes to skiing, and how HE WILL be skiing in the morning... "Yeah I hope to see you guys on the hill!" and "Seriously, you should go tomorrow!" and after saying basically the same thing a THIRD time, he sounded kinda nervous and said "...Haha sorry!" This was plain obvious to everyone other than Lara, that this was him begging for her to go.
We get up to leave, and as we walk out the door Lara says: "Derek, right?"
Derek: "Yeah! I'll see you in the morning!
For the next 10 minutes from walking to our car to the whole car ride back, ALL of us were saying how EASY it would have been to have gotten his number even just by saying "Oh that would be cool for you to give me some tips, here's my number" But no.
She just said "I was sandwiched between 4 siblings, I didn't have my flirt on okay!?"
By the time we pull up to our house, Lara starts to feel disappointed in herself that she didn't do better when all of her siblings are just now pointing out what she could have done... So what now? Well. We all get shoved out of the car so Lara can be chauffeured back to him in hopes that he hadn't gone home yet so she could get his number. ...Finally.
Meanwhile, I'm in my room pacing back and forth staring at Lara's phone WAITING for ANYTHING! Suddenly her phone rings with an unknown caller and I'm bouncing for joy asking throughout the house where this area code came from...
5 minutes later, Lara gets home to tell us that she marched right up to that rink, saw he was still inside, she knocked on the window, he SMILED (good sign) stepped outside, Lara asked for his phone, she punched in her number and clicked the dial button (that's when I was freaking out in my room) and want to know what he said to her!? DO YOU EVEN WANT TO KNOW!??! It's pretty painful!
He said that it wasn't her number he was hoping for... But it was MINE. Me. HANNAH.
SCORE!! HOW DOES IT FEEL LARA!? HA! YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY BEAUTY IN THE FAM BAM!!!
...Okay fine. Maybe it didn't go exactly like that... I guess he said something along the lines of how he was going to ask for her number... yadda-yadda... and I guess that if the skiing thing didn't work out then they were going to go on a date or something later in the day. blah blah blah. Anyway, now he's saved in her phone as Derek Franco.

Can I AT LEAST take credit for finding this man?  ANNNDDD for making Lara go back and get his number? Call me the matchmaker. Because... I'M GOOD. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...